Players, success stories and initiatives in North, West, East, Central and Southern Africa.
Kecia Rust delivered this presentation at the API Summit in Johannesburg in 2019. The presentation sets out the investment case for affordable housing in Africa. She argues that successful initiatives and investments:
- Are real about affordability and the niche market they are targeting
- Have an intimate understanding of, and presence in, the local context
- Leverage existing resources and latent assets: property, people, capital
- Make sure that the entire value chain is incorporated in the investment strategy, both housing and finance – before scale
- Are serious about achieving commercially relevant returns