The Centre for Affordable Housing Finance in Africa (CAHF) promotes investment in affordable housing and housing finance across Africa. We champion market intelligence—data, market analytics and research—to stimulate investor interest and to support better policy.
We’ve created a new senior position to further pursue our mission. The Head of Research & Market Intelligence will promote CAHF’s objectives through the regular development and provision of market intelligence for housing sector stakeholders, both public and private, across the continent. In this, the position will support CAHF in the achievement of its mission through strategic engagement in the information and research base that drives housing investment in Africa.
We are looking for an individual with a strong research and market analytics background, expertise in working with data from a variety of sources and formats, and with a solid reputation and standing in the housing sector to lead our research and market intelligence department. We’re searching for an individual with a blend of the following experience and expertise:
- 10 – 15 years previous experience in housing policy research and advocacy
- Previous experience working with Business Intelligence – technologies, applications and practices for the collection, integration, analysis and presentation of business information
- Previous working experience in Africa (beyond South Africa)
- Demonstrated writing products in the public domain
- At least 5 years general management experience (budgeting, financial and HR management)
- Knowledge of Theories of Change as a technique for articulating programme strategies and experience in developing and critiquing them
- Experience in managing staff and working successfully as part of a small team
A full job description is available above.
To apply, please fill in this survey form and attach the required documents: your CV, copies of your academic qualifications, and a covering letter. Deadline date for submissions: 8 March 2018