Kenya’s Affordable Housing Programme was launched in December 2017 as one of the national government’s four pillars of growth, in the President’s Big Four Plan. The AHP promises to deliver 500,000 affordable homes over a five year period, and involves a number of incentives and supports to enable the delivery of affordable housing in Kenya. This presentation sets out the Delivery Framework Overview. CAHF has recently published a Case Study on Construction financing in Africa’s affordable housing sectors, by Seeta Shah, which tests the assumptions of Kenya’s Affordable Housing Programme.
Read the following documents together with this presentation,:
- Case Study 16 | Construction financing in Africa’s affordable housing sectors: testing the assumptions in Kenya’s Affordable Housing Programme
- Detailed costings of the cases analysed – prepared by Seeta Shah (excel file)
- AHP Presentation (February 2019) 500,000 Affordable Homes Program: Housing Portal Overview
- AHP Presentation (November 2018) 500,000 Affordable Homes Program: Delivery framework and policy interventions
- Kenya Affordable Housing Programme (October 2018) Development Framework Guidelines