The Centre for Affordable Housing Finance in Africa is looking to fill the position of Francophone Programme Manager. Applications, consisting of a cover note, CV and three references, should be emailed to Lisa Lazarus, at email@example.com, by 30 June 2016.
With the support of the French Development Agency (AfD), CAHF has established a programme to support the development and deepening of Africa’s housing finance sector in Francophone Africa, through the provision of data and market intelligence, as well as capacity building and networking among key players. This will support practitioner investment decisions and policy developments, leading to increased investment in affordable housing and housing finance in Africa. The programme also facilitates active exchange of experiences, case studies and data between Francophone and Anglophone Africa.
The Francophone Programme Manager (FPM) will lead this programme, promoting research in the region, connecting stakeholders, fostering exchange and supporting the development of housing finance markets in Francophone Africa. The FPM will integrate a bilingual communication approach in all of CAHF’s work. The work includes:
- Research and knowledge management;
- Communication and correspondence,;
- Networking and engagement with senior policy makers and private sector practitioners; and
Over the course of the five year programme, it is expected that the FPM will establish an office in the Francophone region, further entrenching CAHF’s work and achieving its objectives locally.
- Honours degree, but preferably masters, in related field (Development Studies, International Studies, Housing, Economics, Planning, Urban Management)
- Fluency in English and French (first-language French speaking preferred)
- Excellent writing skills in both English & French
- Must live or have lived in Francophone Africa
- Must be willing to relocate to South Africa for 2 to 3 years
- At least 5 years research experience, including research management, in a similar field
- Good understanding of housing finance markets in Francophone Africa
- Good networks in housing finance
- Experience in social networking platforms
- Must have capacity building experience
- Must have experience in managing own budget
- Must have strategic and analytical competence
- Must have relationship management and stakeholder management skills
Download the job advertisement for more information.Download PDF